- 20http://www.mainstreetclintonms.com/events/all/just-girls12:00 amJun-20-2019
Every third Thursday you are invited to lunch and a demonstration by one of our Main Street businesses. Watch as Wyatt demonstrates his watercolor painting techniques, catch up on the latest fashion trends, or learn how to dress your table seasonally. Make sure to sign up using the link below!
UPCOMING 2019 DATES
- February 21
- March 21
- April 18
- May 16
- June 20
- July 18
- August 15
- September 19
- October 17
- 20https://www.theclintoncourier.net/event/just-the-girls-16/11:00 am-1:00 pmJun-20-2019Ladies, join Main Street Clinton for this series of outings planned just with you in mind. Every 3rd Thursday you are invited to lunch and a demonstration by one of the Main Street businesses.On June 20th it will be Lunch & Literary Presentation by James Anderson at the Olde Towne Depot.On July 18, Lunch & Chef Demonstration by The Bank by Pizza Shack at the Olde Towne Depot.
- 21https://www.theclintoncourier.net/event/clinton-business-and-education-summit/10:00 am-2:00 pmJun-21-2019
at CPSD Central Office (201 Easthaven Dr. Clinton, MS 39045)
Open to employers in the Clinton area and lunch will be provided.
- 21https://www.theclintoncourier.net/event/cpsd-hosts-business-education-summit-for-area-employers/10:00 am-2:00 pmJun-21-2019
Clinton school leaders are inviting area employers to share feedback on workforce development at the upcoming Business & Education Summit.
“We are about to start construction on a $16 million expansion to Clinton High School to house Career and Technical Education classes,” said Dr. Tim Martin, superintendent of schools. “As move forward in this process we need feedback from the business community on how we can best prepare students for the workforce.”
The Summit will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, June 21 in the cafeteria at the Clinton Public School District Central Office, 201 Easthaven Drive in Clinton. There is no cost to attend and lunch is provided.
To get a headcount for lunch, all attendees must register online: http://ow.ly/MAqz50ryrKJ
The event will include a presentation by Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann on results of the annual Y’all Business Survey, and a facilitated discussion with educators and employers on skills training at Clinton High School and workforce development needs in the Clinton area.
“If you are having trouble finding qualified employees, we want to know,” Martin said. “Tell us any specific things that need to be addressed. We want to start a conversation so that both the businesses and our students will benefit.”
The Clinton Chamber of Commerce is encouraging its members to attend the summit, and the Mississippi Association for Partners in Education is coordinating event registration.
Other partnering agencies include the Mississippi Development Authority, Hinds Community College, Mississippi College, Mansell Media, the Froghead Grill and Century 21 David Stevens.
- 22https://www.theclintoncourier.net/event/weekend-music-milepost-89/9:30 am-4:00 pmJun-22-2019-Aug-21-2019
Weekend music is held on every Saturday morning, except the third Saturday, from 9:30 a.m. until noon and music every Sunday from 1:30 p.m. until 4 p.m.
The Friday Nights at Milepost 89 performance season is from March through October.
The Visitor Center is located at 1300 Pinehaven Road. To get there, take the Clinton exit at Milepost 89 on the Natchez Trace Parkway and turn left onto Pinehaven Road; or from I-20, take Exit 36 and turn north onto Springridge Road, which becomes Pinehaven Road. For more music details, call 601- 924-2221.