Like Us On Facebook
- 01https://www.theclintoncourier.net/event/friends-of-the-library-book-sale-preview/5:30 pm-7:30 pmSep-01-2019
If you are not a member, you may obtain a membership card at the door. Dues are $5 per year, and the membership year is from June 1 to May 31.
- 02https://www.theclintoncourier.net/event/friends-of-the-library-book-sale-2/10:00 am-3:30 pmSep-02-2019
No additional details for this event.
- 02https://www.theclintoncourier.net/event/cruzin-clinton-car-show/8:00 am-2:00 pmSep-02-2019
- Onsite Registration 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. at Clinton Plaza Parking Lot (200 Clinton Boulevard)
- Car parade begins at 9:00 a.m. from Clinton Plaza Parking Lot
- Car Show 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Vintage and classic cars parade through the city of Clinton and park for the show located in historic Olde Towne. Enjoy fun music and delicious food at the event as over twenty awards are given to the show’s favorites. Watch the Cruzin’ Clinton Facebook page for updates.
For more information, call Main Street Clinton at 601-924-5472 or visit their website at https://www.mainstreetclintonms.com/
- 03https://www.theclintoncourier.net/event/public-hearing-on-proposed-budget-and-tax-levies/7:00 pm-9:00 pmSep-03-2019
The City of Clinton will hold a public hearing on its proposed budget and proposed tax levies for the fiscal year 2020 on Tuesday, September 3, at 7 p.m. in the Municipal Courtroom at 305 Monroe Street.
The City of Clinton is now operating with projected total budget revenue of $18,835,432. Forty-nine percent, or $9,299,800, of such revenue is obtained through ad valorem taxes. For the next fiscal year, the proposed budget has total projected revenue of $18,450,784/ Of that amount, fifty-one percent or $9,426,521 is proposed to be financed through a total ad valorem tax levy.
The decision to not increase the ad valorem tax millage rate for fiscal year 2020 above the current fiscal year’s ad valorem tax millage rate means Clintonians will not pay more in ad valorem taxes on homes, automobile tags, utilities, business fixtures and equipment and rental real property, unless the assessed value of said property has increased for fiscal year 2020.
Any citizen of the City of Clinton is invited to attend this public hearing on the proposed budget and tax levies for the fiscal year 2020 and will be allowed to speak for a reasonable amount of time and offer tangible evidence before any vote is taken.
- 05https://www.theclintoncourier.net/event/hcc-football-vs-mdcc/7:00 pm-9:00 pmSep-05-2019