In just the first month of activity on the site of Continental Tire’s new tire plant, more than $200,000 have been pumped back into the state via subcontracts and spending at local businesses.
November 2016 Approximate Total Local Spending: $228,300
- Holiday Inn Express/400 Nights (YTD) (Clinton, MS) – Local Lodging
- Pritchard Engineering (Starkville, MS) – Surveying
- BlueLine Rental (Pearl, MS) – Rental Equipment
- RJ McQueen (MBE) (Collins, MS) – Silt Fence Installation
- Dickerson Petroleum (Kosciusko, MS) – Fuel
- Puckett Rents (Richland, MS) – Rental Equipment
- United Rentals (Flowood, MS) – Rental Equipment
- Misc. Local Spending – Office supplies, aggregate materials, seed/fertilizer expenses
- Brad Cole Construction has hired 6 local operators.
Continental has also awarded an environmental consulting contract to a Mississippi based engineering firm.
- FC&E awarded environmental consulting contract for Mississippi plant.
- The firm will assist Continental with the plant’s air permitting application process.
- Mississippi-based contractors and vendors can find information regarding future contracts with Continental on the MS Development Authority’s website.
FC&E Engineering, LLC, is a full service environmental and civil engineering firm based in Brandon. FC&E will work with Continental’s corporate Environmental Protection, Research & Development team to provide comprehensive development of Continental’s Air Permit application including regulatory applicability, air modeling, selection of air pollution control equipment and expertise in all aspects of environmental permitting and compliance.