Article submissions and story ideas are welcome! We do our very best to get as much community news in each issue as possible.
Submissions for publication are due by 5 p.m. 7 BUSINESS days prior to the next issue's publication date (deadline is always on a Friday at 5 p.m.). Story ideas can be submitted at anytime, but may take time to be fully developed by our reporting staff. See chart below: Publication Dates and Deadlines.
Supported file formats:
- TEXT: Rich Text Format (.rtf) is the preferred format for text submissions. However, Microsoft Word (.doc) is also supported.
- PHOTO: High resolution JPEG (.jpg) or TIF (.tif) files are supported . If image resolution is too low, images may not be publishable. Additional details - see below.
Email article submissions, story ideas and photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: In order to safeguard the privacy of minors, photos of children under age 18 cannot be published unless accompanied by a release/written permission from their parents. Please submit a release with the photo in order to have it considered for publication.
PHOTOS should be submitted with a cutline/description identifying each individual pictured, along with the name of the person's hometown.
Please note the following when submitting a photo:
- Even though cell phones can take great pictures these days, our printing presses can tell the difference. Please use an ACTUAL DIGITAL CAMERA set to the HIGHEST IMAGE SETTING/RESOLUTION so that your photos will be as large as possible. Most often, photos taken with a cell phone are not able to be published.
- When organizing group photos, have your subjects stand as close together as possible so their faces (really the most important part of the photo) will be prominent. Make sure subjects are lined up enough so that a cutline identifying their names is possible (i.e. front row, left to right...) For publication purposes, "posed" photographs showing faces are almost always better than "action shots."
- If your subjects are standing in shade, use your flash as fill. Otherwise, your camera may read the surrounding light and render your subjects' faces too dark. Photos that are too dark are not able to be published. Also use your flash if your subjects are standing against a brightly lit background for the same reason as above.
- Send your photo file to us in its native format and not via another program or organizing software (i.e. Picasa, Snapfish, AOL, Yahoo). Other programs can compress photos into a size that isn't usable in print.
- Please do not send us a copyrighted photograph unless it is accompanied by permission from the photographer for us to reproduce. If we have doubts about the photograph potentially being copyrighted and submitted without permission, we will not publish it.
Publication Dates and Submission Deadlines: (click on PDF to enlarge, download or print)
2019 Publication Dates and Deadlines