A tribute to the Presley family

The Clinton Junior High School Admin, counselors, students and teachers created letters and cards in memory of the Presley family.

Teachers at Clinton Junior High School also wrote letters, created the giant card with CJHS Signatures.  The entire school donated money and also provided food to the family.  Photos were also shared, as well as work samples. Post it notes and letters from Ms.  Gibson’s class were given to the family.

A tribute will be in the 2019-2020 CJHS yearbook.

A school wide memorial project to remember the students is also in the works.

CJHS Principal Tamikia Billings visited the family yesterday and  delivered these items. They prayed, spoke to the father and the rest of the family.  Mr. Presley and the family thanked Principal Tamikia for coming by.  Mr. Presley shared that having the pictures meant so much to him.

Services for the Presley family are as follows:

The funeral will take place at 11:00 a.m. on February 22 at Morrison Heights Baptist Church in Clinton.

Visitation days and times:

• Feb. 21 from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

• Feb. 22 at 10:00 a.m.

The visitations will also be held at Morrison Heights Baptist Church.

4 Comments

1. Toba F Woodruff on February 18, 2020 at 1:56 pm

I think this was a wonderful, kind, considerate thing to do. I have known Jake since he was a little boy and rode my bus. Jake started bringing the boys to help with my yard. They were so thorough. Never left any mess. Loved driving the riding lawn mower. Always so, so respectful. I cannot fathom what Jake is going through. Thank you and the Clinton Junior High School for this tribute.

Toba Woodruff

2. Theresa Parks on February 18, 2020 at 4:11 pm

This is such a sweet memorial.
    I know the students and faculty are experiencing a loss too. Much prayer to the students and faculty, especially to Jake and the family
    At a loss for words

3. Angela Turnage on February 19, 2020 at 12:13 am

My heart hurts for you Jake and the rest of your family..I pray that the Lord give you comfort and strength to carry on..my sincere condolences to each of you..Be strong in the Lord💜🙌

4. James Page on February 19, 2020 at 4:25 pm

My heart goes out to the family and to Landens father Chance Brookshire. I’ve known Landen since 2016 and he was like an adopted nephew. I am truly at a loss on this….