A message from:
Gabriel Prado | Director of Economic Development
Department of Economic Development | City of Clinton, MS
As we continue to deal with the COVID-19, it is important that our businesses in Clinton are aware of the economic
resources available for them to face our current situation. That being said, the Department of Economic Development for the City of Clinton wanted to share with you the information that was put out by the state regarding the “SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program” to support our local businesses. Please share this information with anyone that you think could benefit from it.
- Mississippi is working closely with the U.S. Small Business Administration to activate the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program so we can protect our small businesses and their communities. The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing.
- In another effort to help Mississippi small businesses, the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is urging small business owners to fill out and submit a coronavirus impact report. “We are collecting this information so that Mississippi may request an Economic Injury Declaration from the Small Business Administration to aid in the economic loss suffered as a result of the COVID-19 event,” MEMA said in a statement.
- For instructions on how to complete an “Estimated Disaster Economic Injury Worksheet for Business”, click here >> http://bit.ly/2IW0rZ4
- To fill out the worksheet, click here >> http://bit.ly/2xVds33
- Once the paperwork is completed, you can send it directly to the MEMA State Coordinating Officer at email@example.com. Questions can be sent to that email as well.
During these times, the Department of Economic Development for the City of Clinton will continue to support our businesses by providing them the information needed to utilize the economic resources available to them. We will also continue working on our efforts of business recruitment through innovative and progressive technologies that allow us to reach our prospects in the near future without traveling. We will share more information on these technologies for business recruitment soon.
For more information on Clinton’s Economic Development Department, Click Here