During the budget process, each department head meets with the Mayor and Board to discuss their budget requests. Board members are afforded the opportunity to ask questions of Department Heads. These meetings become the ground work for what will become the proposed fiscal year budget. Meeting dates with department heads who will be discussing their budgets have been published on the City website, email newsletter and online calendar. All budget meetings with department heads are open to the public. View the list of meetings at www.ClintonMS.org/Budget.
Due to the pandemic, the budget discussions have been quite benign. Projecting revenue for the 2020/21 fiscal year requires an almost daily assessment of revenue streams. So far, discussions regarding the 2020/21 budget point to the City utilizing a budget that looks similar to the 2019/20 FY budget that is posted on the City’s website.
General fund budget expenditures for all departments look to remain the same. There are several infrastructure improvement projects to ensure the continued delivery of high quality water and sewer services to the community that would be funded out of the Water/Sewer fund, should the Board and Mayor choose to put them into the proposed 2020/21 budget.
At this point, no proposed budget has been finalized and set for public hearing. The public is invited to provide comment to the budget process at the hearings and on September 1 at the Municipal Courtroom. The Board will then vote to adopt the budget, and a complete explanation of those items specific to the 2020/21 budget will be explained in full once a budget has been finalized.
Below are several items that have been proposed to be added into the water/sewer portion of the budget.
Water and Sewer Fund:
- $25,000 GIS Mapping
- $940,000 CORPS 592 Project – Elevated Water Tank Rehabilitation & Mixer Installation at Clinton Center Drive elevated water tank
- Clinton Boulevard Water Bore & Franklin/Angelia/Pinehurst Relocations
- $100,000 Numerous Pump Stations Repairs/Upgrades
- $50,000 Trailer Mounted Generator for Pump Stations
- $150,000 SCADA at Water Department
- $175,000 System Wide Sanitary Sewer Surveys, Analyses, Smoke Testing and Repairs
- $100,000 North Pinehaven Sewer Upgrade Planning/Design
- $310,000 Lovett WWTF Upgrade Planning
- $9,000 Northeast WWTF-Replace Guide Rails
- $207,000 Southside WWTF-Repair Mole; Replace 60hp Vaughan Influent pump; Replace Grit pump; UV ballast; Replace bearings on screw pump; Replace transducers at influent pump station
- $3,000 Lovett WWTF-Replace guide rails
- $17,500 Briars WWTF Sludge Lagoon-Replace gate values on decant line
- $150,000 Northeast, Briars, Lovett and Southside SCADA
TO READ MORE SEE: