Mississippi Region American Red Cross workers are supporting areas in the path of Hurricane Dorian. Team members are now in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. On Tuesday, Sept. 3, five Red Cross teams of two will drive the region’s emergency response vehicles to a staging area in Montgomery before being assigned to transport disaster relief items.
Meanwhile, the remaining Mississippi Red Cross disaster workers are in preparation mode. They are prepositioning shelter supply trailers with resources to open shelters where needed to provide a safe place for families of the current and future disaster responses.
SHELTER TRAINING IN GULFPORT – SEPT.3:
The public is invited to attend one of two training sessions on Shelter Fundamentals. The training will be on September 3 at the Red Cross office in Gulfport, located at 612 E. Pass Road. Class times are 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
How You Can Help
- Give a Financial Gift: Help people affected by Hurricane Dorian.
- Visit redcross.org/donate
- Call 1- 800-RED CROSS
- Text DORIAN to 90999
- Volunteer: Donate your time and be a hero, volunteer today. Sign up at redcross.org/volunteer.
- Donate Blood: Schedule your appointment today. www.redcrossblood.org/give
- Lampton Harry of Jackson, Mississippi is with Laura Sqweda at a pet friendly shelter in Deland, Florida. The pair conducts a Disability Integration Shelter survey.
- George and Debra Stark of Waynesboro, Mississippi are one of five teams driving Red Cross emergency response vehicles to a staging area in Montgomery.