Skip to content

What Are Android Hidden Apps and How You Can Blow Their Cover

how to find hidden apps on android

Did you know there’s an entire market for Android hidden apps? It’s true. Kids everywhere are hiding apps from their parents. And not just apps. Compromising pics, explicit videos, messages, and more.

Sound scary? It doesn’t have to be. If you want to know how to find hidden apps on Android, we’re here to guide you through everything. And it’s not as complicated as you think. You can also check this app to find hidden apps on Android.

What Are Vault Apps? And Are They Like Hidden Apps?

Vault apps are designed to keep things on your phone private. Stuff like photos, videos, and messages that you don’t want others to see. Items stored in the vault require a password to access.

Most vault apps feature a fake icon and cover page, so other people accessing your phone won’t know what the app really is or what’s lurking inside. Vault apps are hidden apps, but not all hidden apps are vaults. For example, your child might hide a regular messaging app on their Android so you won’t know they’re using it. Messaging apps aren’t vault apps, but in this case, they’re hidden.

mspy

Why Your Children Might Be Hiding Apps

It’s natural for children to keep information from their parents. When you were a kid, chances are you didn’t tell your parents every single thing you did or intended to do. And the same is true today. Unfortunately, teens and children of all ages can get into a lot more trouble online. And if they’re using Android hidden apps, you’ll never know about it.

RELATED: How to Read Someone’s Text Messages Without Their Phone

By bypassing app restrictions Android users are able to install apps that their parents don’t approve of. But we know what you’re thinking. Your child has no reason to use an Android vault. Think again. Here are the reasons why your child might have hidden apps installed right now.

• They want to hide their online activity. Are they visiting websites they shouldn’t be? Looking through their browser history is one way to find out — unless they’re using a hidden phone app in place of their web browser.
  • They have explicit images. Maybe they’re just suggestive in nature. Or maybe they’re something completely NSFW (not safe for work). Whatever it is, it shouldn’t be on your teen’s phone. You know that. And they know that too, which is why they use photo apps disguised as other apps to make sure you can’t stumble upon them.
  • They use dating apps. Think your teen might be too young to date?  Your teen might not necessarily agree. So to keep you from finding out that they’re looking for love online, they may choose to hide dating apps on their Android. And not just Tinder. There are a number of dating apps for Android that you might not be aware of, including some that were removed from Google Play because they were accessed by those under the age of 13.
  • They want to hide live-streaming apps. Kids love to stream their lives. From video games to what’s for dinner, it really is a world of “anything goes” online. But many parents don’t want their children to use live-streaming apps, especially if they plan to show their faces online. If your child chooses to hide a live-streaming app on their Android, you won’t know.
  • They’re using apps that you might not agree with. We get it. You don’t want your kid to use Facebook because you don’t believe that social media is suitable for their age. But with their friends on Facebook, they desperately want to stay connected. So what do they do? They install secret messaging apps that look like games. They’ll have access to Facebook Messenger and you’ll never know about it.
  • They have innocent apps that they use a lot. You didn’t mind that racing game they played last month, but when things got out of hand and they were glued to their Android day and night, you made them delete it. Occasionally, you check their phone to make sure they didn’t redownload it. Good news — it’s not there. Bad news — it’s among their other Android hidden apps, so you can’t stumble upon it.

The Top Apps That Kids Love to Hide on Their Android

secret app finder

Vault-Hide

With over 100 million users around the world, Vault-Hide has become the gold standard for teens looking to hide their sensitive information from friends and family.

Hide it Pro

With an icon that somewhat resembles iTunes, Hide it Pro looks like an audio player. But it’s actually a vault for hiding all kinds of files, completely encrypted.

Keepsafe Photo Vault

This one doesn’t show up on your Recent Apps list, so users looking to make sure that others can’t detect hidden apps often choose this hidden phone app.

Vaulty

If someone tries to get into this Android app, Vaulty snaps a pic of the would-be intruder. It’s that extra layer of security that makes Vault popular among those looking to hide their photos and videos.

A fairly rock-solid vault, Gallery Vault supports fingerprint authentication for some Android phones. And because it’s supported by ads and in-app purchases, downloading it is free.

How to Discover Hidden Apps on Android

1. Tap Settings.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Select All.
  4. Scroll through the list of apps to see what’s installed.
  5. If anything looks funny, Google it to discover more.

You should also consider searching through folders. Kids are crafty, and they might try to bury apps deep within the Android operating system. Oftentimes, they’ll name folders things you might not be interested in, like “Minecraft pics”.

How to Check if an App Is Real or Not

1. Press the app until a small menu pops up.
  2. At the top of the window, tap the small information circle.
  3. When a new page opens up, tap App details.
  4. In the app’s Google Play app store description, consult the official information.

Keep in mind that if the app was downloaded from somewhere other than Google Play, this method might not work (you definitely won’t be able to see the Google Play description).

RELATED: Expert Tips for Reducing Digital Eye Strain

How to Find Android Hidden Apps When Their Phone’s Not Nearby

You can’t always get your hands on their phone, and you can’t always be there to watch what they’re doing. That’s where a parental control app like mSpy comes in. mSpy is a secret app finder that works remotely, so you can see what’s on your child’s phone without them knowing that you’re taking a look.

android hidden apps

The popular parental control app lets you see what apps are installed on your kid’s device, including apps that are hidden. You can even see what apps are being used the most. And if you’re wondering how to restrict apps on Android, you’re in luck. With mSpy, you can block apps remotely too.

Go Beyond Finding Android Hidden Apps With a Parental Control App

Knowing how to access hidden apps is just one way to make sure your kids are staying safe. But if you want more peace of mind, a parental control app built for protecting your kids should definitely be part of your arsenal.

mSpy goes beyond letting you lift the curtains on Android hidden apps. The secret app finder also includes a number of other features to keep your kids safe, including the ability to see their Messenger conversations, view media on their device, see their browser history, and so much more.

25 Comments

1. Deanna Bratcher on March 7, 2021 at 11:29 am

My husband has been cheating on these dating sites, most of them are nothing more than prostitution. A lot of them are live chatting and he still has to pay with Google pay or any of the apps that he can either add money to or earn points. He has a company phone so therefore he is hacking through my phone and I have caught him signing in and now I have 546 apps in my phone including system apps that are controlling my phone. There’s a lot of settings on my phone that I can’t even change and he’s even used my phone to forward calls to a messaging app. How can I catch him and stop it?

• Unknown on April 22, 2021 at 9:21 am

Hover watch is how 😉 good luck

• Tiaza on May 9, 2021 at 3:47 pm

You really can’t change someone else’s behavior. Be honest with yourself: if you flat out caught him and confronted him, would that make you trust him again? Or just your trust been so so shattered that you’ll never be able to trust his promises again? Please believe me, there’s no repair for this. You? You have so much life ahead of you. Please cut your losses and ditch this soul-stealing loser. Free yourself up for a respectful and honest partner. Toys can’t be fixed

• Gina on September 28, 2021 at 6:20 am

If he does all that I’m sure he knows how to watch u through a smart tv also they have cameras also they have magic remotes that he do all kind of things with that’s what the guy I though I was engaged to does he will watch me through t v camera so he doesn’t get cought video chatting he has her mom watch me she lives across the street he knows who I talk to where I go tracks my car phone tracks my friends and family phones and when I get proof on my phone my phone shuts down and won’t come back on I have learned so much just by his actions and looking it up

• Lara Wood on June 14, 2021 at 8:19 pm

Omg my husband has done and is doing the same thing. But when I try to explain it I sound like I’m crazy. And then he tells everyone I am crazy.
      I hope you email me you should see some of the things he has pulled.
      I have just started investigating how to bust his cheating lying ass.
      Lara

• kas on June 26, 2021 at 4:56 am

It really is… I’veeven taken my laptop and phone in and tried to explainwhat I’m going through…. it sounds crazy but I’ve been at this for months. Even tho I only have a little it’s a lot to me. Shows me I’m not crazy, I really next help with this, I have really bad medical issuesand he was saying my pills were making my crazy well I stopped taking them and now it’s bad to the point that something really bad cuts happier to me. But I’m still crazy even though I know I’m not, I’ve even started going to school for coding…. love t the classes just say the way I found something I like to do….. if anyone can help!

• St on September 12, 2021 at 12:27 pm

You’re NOT CRAZY and it’s NOT your medicine! Sickos are the ones doing it to us! They are obsessive, manipulating PERVERTS

• LaNea D. on July 6, 2021 at 5:36 pm

My personal opinion you can’t do this to someone you love, unfortunately a lot of people are just really selfish and try to sit back and act like they’re the good guy in the end when really they’re the villain!

• LaNea D. on July 6, 2021 at 5:49 pm

I’ve gone through and read all the comments it all sounds so familiar him cheating and trying to make you feel like you’re the crazy one and telling everybody else that you are, the exact same thing has happened to me. And I really don’t think it’s about the way you look I think it’s more of a self-esteem and control thing for the manipulative cheater I’m 40 years old, in good shape and not bad looking and my partner left and cheated on me with somebody who definitely did not age as well but it was exciting I guess cuz it was something new. Me personally I can’t be with somebody like that although I don’t hate him and I do still care about him I’ll never touch him or be with him again, and I’m the better for it and so are y’all! That’s why I ran across this conversation I’m tracking a hidden messenger app myself right now still finding things that he’s done and he’s been gone for 3 months shaking my head, some people are just f****** unbelievable and you’re right it is a mind f*** from hell but I’m stronger than the demons knocking at my door and I refuse to give up or give in he won’t get the best of me you can be assured of that. Good luck to all of y’all I’m very sorry to see this happen to anybody especially another woman. HUGGS!!!

• Lindsay on August 15, 2021 at 11:05 am

Hey,
          So to find out what I or some of us have already found out to be true what source website or apps have given you positive results? Any replies or responses from anyone would help some of our friends just starting out their Journey to complete freedom..Mine no longer lives in my home as well he’s just a horrible liar but what’s reassuring and makes me almost feel like I’m beyond intelligent it’s an exhilarating rush to be all knowing(mostly😉) but to know I was right about everything. Actually seeing the results is a bit of a high because it reassures me or anyone that indeed we should always trust our gut. No we’re not crazy! We are only crazy to keep allowing the punishment torment and abuse.. Yes ABUSE but please remember we are all beautifully designed protect yourselves from a life full of misery. Then thank yourself for loving you.. Remember If I had questioned it.. I was right about it. I have proof cause someone else left a borrowed phone in my vehicle unlocked . Didnt know it was even there for a couple days. It opened up a world full of lies and deciet and missing peices to many of life’s puzzles.. So any recommendations even if its basic positive results for any or all apps websites sources would be appreciated! Thank you all

• Sandy T on September 12, 2021 at 12:35 pm

AMEN! I admire your courage. It’s all about PERSERVERING! Men have been doing this to women for centuries, it’s called Gaslighting. It’s a tactic to crush your self-esteem and make you, (and others) believe you are crazy. The TRUTH will come out in the end. People just need to hang in there and hold their heads up high! We are better than these selfish fools. They get their thrills while lurking in the background like Peeping Tom’s! In essence, they are only closet perverts! Lol. Keep your sense of humor and most importantly, keep your sense of SELF! DONT LET ANYBODY STEAL YOUR IDENTITY! YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL THAT THEY CANT STOP WATCHING! That’s not our fault, it’s THEIRS!!

• Chelsy F on July 27, 2021 at 12:47 am

So no ones ever said that i can see the actual way, app, source or method that was used to catch or find the hidden shit and lies and thats what i want to know cuz ive tried and nothings worked very well so far?Anyone?

• Janie on September 15, 2021 at 8:00 am

com.sec.android.daemonapp Found this is my bf web history is this used for them to cheat bc I also found tinder on his history too I’m fixing to have a baby in a couple weeks plz help me find out so I can get rid of him before my baby boy is born. 😩😭

• Brenda Eggleston on November 7, 2021 at 7:35 pm

Down load Android spy on his phone if you can get a hold of it. Follow the instruction. You will be able to see messages on any app, photos on any app, locations, even key strokes. Its great gives a 3 day free trial.
        Or do a ip locator. Just Google find ip and make sure you have his phones ip address. Find out where he is going

• CRose on September 8, 2021 at 5:21 am

Good lord! I feel for you 😢. I’ve gone through the same thing (and I hate to admit it but I’ve been through it more than once 🙄). The worst part of it all is that they’re always the first one to try and flip the script and accuse you of being untrue! Smh. God bless you and I wish you all the luck with this. So hard to find honest and true companionship these days 😔

2. Cheis on March 31, 2021 at 11:20 am

It makes you feel crazy minded. It does me at times. We don’t have to stay or even give a reason for not allowing them to abuse us in this way . Sorry you touched home for me . God bless

3. Nita McKnight on April 5, 2021 at 10:50 pm

I experienced those exact problems. It has destroyed my relationship and caused agonizing trust issues. I am going to have to go without a phone and I don’t think that is safe. This is not only a problem for the Victims but for all of us that make up our Society. There needs be a “Special Help Service” for those in need. Perhaps that will be my next Project.

• Miss Diss on April 8, 2021 at 9:39 pm

Thank you for filling in the missing information. It’s nauseating how many apps are designed specifically to hide sleazy shonky behaviour. It’s a long fruitless road trying to find out the truth when there is nothing but denial and accusations that you’re crazy. Every bit of shared intel settles your heart and brings peace to your jangled mind. The hard truth is better than wondering and hoping.

• Mustakur Rahman on June 19, 2021 at 9:01 am

pl find play store app

4. Miss Diss on April 8, 2021 at 9:36 pm

5. Glo on April 23, 2021 at 1:06 pm

Just come talk to me in person im more understanding an willing than you know or think i promise it will be worth it 100% love is strong an life is precious

6. Di on May 4, 2021 at 2:54 am

Yip they are dirty sob,s. My computer my cellphones. Everything has been hacked into. They hacked my granddaughter,s phone and laptop. There are a lot of different apps. The dirty hackers can even watch what I,am doing. They have the land line phone tapped. They have hacked into comcast. My bank accounts. All with the help from my ex boyfriend. They run all their dirty crap through everything. They get into bank accounts everything.

7. Tiaza on May 9, 2021 at 3:48 pm

8. Shelley on June 23, 2021 at 5:13 am

I dont understand what do you mean about him hacking ur phone..and forwards calls to himself..because I have always believed that he is using my kids phones and even mine to do something in that nature yet I’m being called crazy and I wanna know if what I have seen is something similar..n yes I can’t even prove it cus it wud make no sense but yet this is there…pls be more detailed

9. Brenda Eggleston on November 7, 2021 at 7:37 pm